Beginning a salt-free lifestyle can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be impossible. Here is a recipe to get you started on your flavour-packed journey–without the pinch of salt.
Herb Crusted Halibut with Apple Salsa
Yield: 4-5 servings (58mg per portion)
Herb Crusted Halibut:
- 1.67 kg Halibut Fillets
- 750 g Bread Crumbs
- 450 g Fresh Parsley
- 300 g Fresh Dill
- Chives (as desired)
- Black pepper
- 500 g Vegetable Oil
Apple Salsa (Yeild: 8 Servings):
- 500 g Apple, diced
- 250 g Red Pepper, diced
- 125 g Cilantro, chopped
- 75 g Red Onion, finely chopped
- 10 g Jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- Juice from 1 lime
- 30 g Honey
- Black Pepper
- Place oven rack in centre of oven. Place parchment paper on baking sheet. Preheat oven to 425º
- Mix bread crumbs, dill, parsley, chives, pepper, and a small amount of oil together in a bowl.
- Place fillets on baking sheet. With a spoon, lightly press the herb mixture onto the fillets
- Bake until the topping begins to brown and the fish flakes, about 10 to 14 minutes per inch of thickness.
- While the fish cooks, mix all the Apple Salsa ingredients in a bowl to combine.